Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Single & Ready to Mangle


So here I am.

Single, 40 years old, divorced, trying to navigate the wild west of dating. Trust me, being single and ready to mingle is not all it's cracked up to be.

I hear a lot of this kind of thing from my friends (most of them who are in relationships): "Dating must be awesome!", "Just go out there and have fun!", "You're so lucky!", "Don't worry, you'll meet someone once you stop looking", "You could go out to dinner EVERY NIGHT and have it paid for!".

Seriously. WTF people?

Dating can be fun, awkward, sad, ridiculous, surprising and many, many other things. For those of you who have dated in your adult lives, you can probably relate.

I'm going to chronicle some of my experiences in this blog.  I can't guarantee you'll laugh or you'll cry, but that's ok, since I've done those for you already. 

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do this, it might be about specific people or it could be about experiences. I'll just see how it goes.

Also: I know it's going to be hard not to judge me, my decisions or my actions, so go ahead, I won't take it personally and I'll understand. :-)

PS: There will also be some sweeping generalizations regarding men, so please don't take offense. I know that some of you do not belong in the generalized category. 




1 comment:

  1. Ok, so how do I get an auto-email every time you update your blog?

    ReplyDelete